Blueberry’s Five Totally Unbiased Reasons Mommy Cannot Write Her Magical Papillon Mysteries Without Me
There comes a time in every author’s life when she must face the truth.
Not the kind of truth involving plot holes or suspiciously disappearing characters…
No.
The real truth.
That her Papillon is running the entire operation.
Hi. Blueberry here. ✨
Professional muse. Magical consultant. Snack supervisor. Occasional ghost
liaison.
You’re welcome.
Let me explain—slowly, clearly, and with just the right amount of sass—why Mommy (yes, that cozy mystery author) would be absolutely, catastrophically lost without me.
1. I Am the Original Magical Papillon (Pixie Wishes She Had My Resume)
Listen. Pixie is adorable. She’s iconic. She’s fictional royalty.
But where do you think Mommy got the inspiration?
Exactly.
From this face.
From my dramatic stares into the
void.
From my ability to sense things no one else can (like ghosts… and cheese
wrappers opening three rooms away).
From my natural flair for the supernatural and the theatrical.
Without me, Pixie would just be… a regular dog.
And frankly, we don’t do “regular” in this household.
2. I Provide Real-Time Plot Development (Whether She Likes It or Not)
Mommy: typing intensely, building suspense, crafting a murder scene…
Me: suddenly barking at absolutely nothing
Mommy: “Wait… what if… the killer was hiding in plain sight?”
You’re welcome again.
Every unexpected bark, every dramatic hallway stare, every suspicious tail twitch…
That’s not chaos.
That’s plot advancement.
3. I Enforce Writing Breaks (For Creative Wellness… and Snacks)
Writers forget to eat.
They forget to stretch.
They forget to appreciate the finer things in life—like me.
So I intervene.
Gently.
Persistently.
With increasing levels of urgency.
A paw on the keyboard.
A dramatic sigh.
A full-body flop across the manuscript.
This is not interruption.
This is artistic preservation.
Also, I would like a treat.
4. I Maintain the Proper Cozy Mystery Atmosphere
You think cozy mysteries just happen?
No, no, no.
They require ambiance.
Soft lighting.
Mysterious vibes.
A slight sense that something magical might happen at any moment…
And a Papillon perched like a tiny, judgmental queen overseeing the entire process.
Sometimes I stare at empty corners.
Sometimes I follow invisible things with my eyes.
Do I see ghosts?
…That information is classified.
5. I Am the Emotional Support (and Occasional Editor)
When Mommy doubts herself… I’m there.
When she’s stuck on a scene… I’m there.
When she wonders if the story is good enough… I stare at her until she remembers that of course it is.
Also, I sit on drafts.
Literally.
If a page is not good, I simply refuse to move.
We call this quality control.
Final Thoughts (By Me, Obviously)
Could Mommy write the Magical Papillon Mysteries without me?
Technically.
But would they have the same magic… the same charm… the same undeniable brilliance?
Let’s not be ridiculous.
I am the magic.
I am the mystery.
I am the reason the Papillon always knows more than she’s saying.
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I have important work to do…
…like supervising the next chapter from the comfiest blanket in the house.
✨🐶

Comments
Post a Comment